Progress, conclusions and no racing #Ultraboyruns #Update #Running #Blogging
January had highs and lows, thankfully mostly highs, this is the top 10 points from the first four and bit weeks of 2017
- A little under 190 miles run.
- The Unirider is a hit with UltraBaby and we’ve done lots of running and video while using it – review to follow this month.
- I dropped 2.5kg in weight through nothing but eating less and exercising more.
- I wrote several new blog posts and finally wrote up what happened during the Hillsborough to Anfield Run and the surrounding breakdown in relationship between my father and I from my perspective (you can read that here).
- I convinced the GingaNinja that she should sign up to a triathlon, now seems we are both do one this summer!
- I entered the UTBCN (Barcelona Ultra) in March
- I bought an activity tracker (Jawbone Up Move) which is surprisingly fun and grew a beautiful beard to make me go faster (ultrabeard)
- I was ill for over a week and my commutes were heavily disrupted for a week or so by a train derailment in South East London causing untold misery and delay to my running.
- The LDWA wouldn’t let me race the Winter Tanners after saying my payment had not gone through. I concluded that seeing as they couldn’t help I probably won’t be joining them for any of their other jaunts.
- No racing in January for the first time since I deferred Country to Capital in 2014.
So it’s been a good start to the year on the whole ( even though the world and the UK have turned to turd) and hopefully February will continue this trend with lots of miles and my first race of 2017 – the Vigo Valentines ‘Tough Love’ Run (click here for more details).
So the question is how’s your training going?
Well Done my friend, those of us that know you, knew you would find your way back, just as you found running, running found you, look forward to seeing you out on the trail, “Always forwards my Friend”, my training is much slower than I would like but hey I’m training, 3rd attempt at the GUCR!
I live with hope that both of us reach our ultimate goals this year – GUCR has your name written all over it! I believe in you to do this my friend
Nice little read. I’m currently tri training but have a couple of ultras along the way. L2M is the 1st…must up my mileage at some point!
L2M looks good fun but the timings for me haven’t worked out, maybe next year! I’m hoping I get to a tri this year but with a dozen ultras booked in doing the bike and swim work is hard. So I take my hat off to you for doing both! My hope is I can wing a bike section but do a decent swim and run section 😀