Slowly relentless #UltraBoyRuns #Update #Running #Blogging
February started as January had finished – well, but there has been a recent dip that’s arrived at a most unfortunate time. These are top 10 points from my February 2017
- A little over 140 miles run.
- After much trouble I finally got a medical certificate signed for this years foreign ultra marathons
- I dropped 2.8kg in weight through nothing but eating less and exercising more. This brings my total weight loss for 2017 to 5.3kg
- I was informed that my entry to the UTBCN was incomplete but after much back and forth I was finally able to complete my registration!
- I completed my first race of 2017 and my favourite race (even with its mild course alterations) the Vigo Tough Love 10. Awesome (Read the review here)
- I shaved off my ultrabeard
- I entered the Marlborough Downs Challenge
- I pulled a calf muscle on a short central London RunCommute which ruled out my last weekend in February 49 mile training run in favour of trying to heal and protect my running at the Hockley Woods Trail and the Amersham Ultra
- I caught the Adventure Show about ‘The OMM’ and am more convinced than ever that this is an event I’d love to do – so have started looking for a partner! All offers welcomed (Watch the Adventure Show on iPlayer by clicking here -available until mid March)
- I bought quite a lot of new kit in preparation for some of this years adventures – naughty UltraBoy!
February has been a mixed bag essentially but it’s also offered a lots of excellent challenges, lots of buggy miles, lots of hills, lots of mud and I remain on track with both weight loss and my relentless desire to prepare for this year and beyonds challenges. However, enough about me – how are your preparations going?
Whereas I watched the Adventure Show and ruled the OMM right out! 😂
Sounds like we’d make an awesome team then 🙂