- More than 200 miles run (mostly race miles)
- Completed the Hockley Woods Challenge despite injury early in the event
- Completed the outrageously fun Amersham Ultra
- Nasty bout of food poisoning gave me a week off running – that’ll teach me for eating slightly mouldy muffins!
- Withdrew from the UTBCN at the three-quarter point due to a kit failure in my brand new Petzl head torch
- The effect of a race failure caused by things outside of my control has meant I haven’t felt like running at all since
- Weight loss was slowed to allow me to eat more in preparation for the three races in March – 0.5kg dropped.
- I dumped Petzl in favour of Black Diamond head torches after the UTBCN. Fingers crossed my new choices don’t fail
- Kit tested my new Oxsitis Enduro and Ultimate Direction PB 3.0 both of which are outstanding pieces of kit – expect reviews in the coming months
- Yesterday UltraBaby told me we had to go for a run! Cool!
So it wasn’t a good March all in all – it’s not a disaster but after several months of geverally forward progress this feels like taking steps backwards and being unsure how to resolve it with a big race on the horizon doesn’t fill with me anything other than trepidation.
Importantly though, for those that read this and feel I require a ‘man up’ or a ‘go for a run’ then please allow me to spare you those well meaning sentiments – they don’t help. I’ve already had quite a lot of well meaning but ultimately generic help from both real people and social media and actually this is just something you need to resolve yourself, or at least that’s how I need to do it.
I hope everyone else has had good running over the last month and that Apri is awesome too!