My excuses: but I’ll still be taking part in the ‘Run for the 96’ join me? #jft96 #run
I’m getting in my excuses early for the terrible state of my running over the next 10 days … but I’m still going to be running.
- I’m an old fart
- I’m a grumpy old fart
- I’m a grumpy anti-social old fart
- I’ve currently got a chest infection and can hardly breathe
- I haven’t been able to train very much for the last four weeks because of illness and injury from my last race
- I’ve got a hamstring that burns every time I run
- I’ve got glutes that cause shooting pains right up my back whenever I run
- I’m racing in the 74 mile, Skye Trail Ultra – across big hills – in time 10 days time
- I’m running in the 78 mile Hillsborough to Anfield Run in 4 days time
- I’ll be taking part in the 5km ‘Run for the 96’ in 5 days time on Sunday 22nd May at Stanley Park between Goodison Park and Anfield – the homes of football in Liverpool.
What’s my point I hear you cry? Well I was getting to that, if I can do this then surely you can come help me do the 5km.
Go on you know you want to!
Online entries for the Run for the 96 close on Friday or you can enter in person at BTR until Saturday morning. Find out more here and you can enter here
See you on Sunday, you bring the crutches I’ll bring the tears, blisters and manky feet.